Guatemala El Rincon Anaerobic Natural - Single Origin - Microlot
Guatemala El Rincon Anaerobic
International shipping available
Sustainability: The plantations owned by Vides have a sustainability model based on three pillars:
- Social aspect: Working alongside neighbourhood communities to support the development of this region. Jorge had a humanitarian sense which extended beyond coffee production. In 1980, Jorge founded a school that still runs on the farm.
- Agricultural: Agronomists teach good agronomic practices, with sustainable and environmentally friend priorities based on the Rainforest Alliance standards.
- Environmental: With a goal to focus on conservation of ecosystems by protecting wildlife, the efficient use of water and avoiding deforestation.
Tasting: Winey, dark chocolate aroma, sweet, passionfruit, red currant, intensely fruity. Lingering chocolate. well balanced, and well rounded.
Producer: Vides Family – El Rincón
Region: La Libertad / Huehuetenango, Guatemala
Altitude: 1500-1800 masl
Variety: Bourbon, Caturra, Catuaí
Process: Anaerobic Natural
Pour Over Recipe: (credit: Tetsu Kasuya)
Grind size: Coarse
Water Temp: 89 - 92 degrees Celsius
Ratio: 20g for 300 / 1:15
Brew time: 3min 30s
- Rinse filter & pre-heat pour over vessel of your choice.
- Pour in 20g of coarse-ground coffeeAdd 60g of water per pour 5 times, waiting 45s between each pour. This results in a total brew of 300g.
- Control the balance of the coffee by modifying the 1st and 2nd pours. For a sweeter brew, make a smaller first pour (e.g. 50g). For more acidity, a larger one will do the trick.
- Use either less or more water for the second pour to compensate for the difference (if any) in the first one.
- The 3rd, 4th and 5th pours can be tweaked to 2 larger 90g pours for a weaker brew, or into 4 smaller 45g pours for a stronger one.
Peak Brewing: 7 – 35 days post roast date
Brewing Ratio: 21g dose – 42 gram extraction yield (1:2, approx 50% brewing ratio)
Extraction Time: 30 – 34 seconds
Temperature: 92 – 93 degrees Celsius