Costa Rica - Don Senel - Natural - La Toboba - EXOTIC - SINGLE ORIGIN
Costa Rica Don Senel - La Toboba - Caturra Catuai
International shipping availableLa Toboba Farm has an area of 8 hectares, and it was inherited from Senel’s grandmother to his father. Senel’s father (also named Senel), planted his first coffee trees in 1968 and was always able to maintain his family with the earnings from coffee production.
In 2016 La Toboba built its own micro-mill.
Farm: La Toboba
Producer: Senel Campos Valverde and his son Alan
Region: Chirripo-Brunca, Subregion: San Jeronimo, Country: Costa Rica
Altitude: 1450-1850 masl
Harvest: Dec - Feb
Varieties: Caturra Catui
Strawberry, nectarine, mango, raspberry and milk chocolate. Bright and clean with tropical fruit acidity. Fruity and sweet aromatics. Evenly balanced with a smooth medium body. Lingering milk chocolate.
Brewing Suggestions -
please feel free to experiment
Pour Over Recipe: (credit: Tetsu Kasuya)
Grind size: Coarse
Water Temp: 89 - 92 degrees Celsius
Ratio: 20g for 300 / 1:15
Brew time: 3min 30s
- Rinse filter & pre-heat pour over vessel of your choice.
- Pour in 20g of coarse-ground coffee
- Add 60g of water per pour 5 times, waiting 45s between each pour. This results in a total brew of 300g.
- Control the balance of the coffee by modifying the 1st and 2nd pours. For a sweeter brew, make a smaller first pour (e.g. 50g). For more acidity, a larger one will do the trick.
- Use either less or more water for the second pour to compensate for the difference (if any) in the first one.
- The 3rd, 4th and 5th pours can be tweaked to 2 larger 90g pours for a weaker brew, or into 4 smaller 45g pours for a stronger one.
7 – 35 days post roast date
44% (1:2.25) i.e. 20g dose = 45g extraction yield
28– 32 seconds
93 degrees Celsius