Colombia Mazatlan - EF2 - Microlot - SINGLE ORIGIN
Finca Mazatlan - Microlot
Extended Fermentation 2
International shipping available
2 x Bronze Medals - 2021 Royal Tasmanian Fine Food Awards
Altitude: 1700 - 1900 MASL
Varietal - Castillo
We have secured a very limited amount of this amazing Colombian coffee.
Grown by Jairo Arcila.
This coffee was exposed to a dry aerobic fermentation for 24 hours.The coffee was then sealed in grain pro bags for 6 hours, maintaining the temperature below 22 degrees celsius by submersing the bags in a water tank. The coffee is then placed on raised beds until it reaches18% moisture content, then sesled back inside grain pro bags for 50 hours. The coffee is then left to dry on raised beds until 10.5% moisture content is achieved.
Tasting: Red fruits, kiwi, raisins, chocolate and blood orange
Brewing: This one is equally suited to espresso or filter styles.
Brewing Suggestions -
please feel free to experiment
Pour Over Recipe: (credit: Tetsu Kasuya)
Grind size: Coarse
Water Temp: 89 - 92 degrees Celsius
Ratio: 20g for 300 / 1:15
Brew time: 3min 30s
- Rinse filter & pre-heat pour over vessel of your choice.
- Pour in 20g of coarse-ground coffee
- Add 60g of water per pour 5 times, waiting 45s between each pour. This results in a total brew of 300g.
- Control the balance of the coffee by modifying the 1st and 2nd pours. For a sweeter brew, make a smaller first pour (e.g. 50g). For more acidity, a larger one will do the trick.
- Use either less or more water for the second pour to compensate for the difference (if any) in the first one.
- The 3rd, 4th and 5th pours can be tweaked to 2 larger 90g pours for a weaker brew, or into 4 smaller 45g pours for a stronger one.
Peak Brewing: 7 – 35 days post roast date
Brewing Ratio: 44% (1:2.25) i.e. 20g dose = 45g extraction yield
Extraction Time: 28– 32 seconds
Temperature: 93 degrees Celsius